Friday, March 23, 2007

PA Video Teaching @ Jail this week!

This week I was given the opportunity to show the video teaching Pastor Al did on Success Secrets from the Life of Joseph at the Substance Abuse and Recovery Class (or better known as Drug Class) at the Allen County Jail (ACJ). There are about 40 ladies in this class and I can say with confidence that nearly every single one of them really enjoyed the video. Only a few of them had ever seen the Word taught like that. By that I mean, in a funny and real-life/up-to-date manner. They laughed and agreed and some were even brought to tears but mostly they praised God for His Word. Many of the ladies were excited to come visit Summit (when the opportunity presents itself) and see the teaching of Pastor Al in person. They were encouraged by the teaching and believe me - in a place like that there is not much encouragement going on. I can't wait to introduce these women to the members of Summit and in-turn introduce them to their new life in Christ!

Be expecting, Saints!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomi,
Proud of you for what you are doing in the jail ministry. Really enjoyed reading about what's going on in the jail ministry and the impact on lives. As far as blogging goes, you've almost got me convinced.. We'll talk...

Deborah

Anonymous said...

Tomi, this is absolutely outstanding. I'm thrilled about what the Lord is doing through you in the Jail.
These women and men will forever be greatful.
I believe that the Word will not return void.
In Jesus Name! Praise God for you!

Tomi Cardin said...

Thank you, Ms. Carla and Deborah, for the encouraging words. It truly is an honor to do what God has called me to do at the jail. Sometimes I just shake my head as I stand in awe of Him and the work He is doing there in the jail and in the inmates. It is amazing to watch Him work - I am just blessed to be choosen as His tool!
Thanks again and love you, Tomi

Jireh said...

Excellent!!

You have no idea what it means to know you and to see the Great things God is doing through you!!

God bless you sister, you are in my heart and prayers....

talk to u soon
Jireh

Anonymous said...

that's awesome...continue to let God use you, being you and being bold. don't let the enemy discourage you EVER!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rev. Tomi Tom :), Continue to be a blessing to those special ladies, to be able to see someone like you generously give of yourself, is a blessing to them I'm sure.

It's also really neat to be able to hear what's going on with jail ministry day to day.

Anonymous said...

Good words.