Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dreaming without Limits

Last Wednesday at Bible Study we had a Dream Session. I do this periodically with the ladies and every time I am so inspired and encouraged by what they have to say. After we finished our lesson I had them close their eyes and imagine their dream life. A life where money is no issue, education is limitless and there is no criminal record to take in to account. Then we went around the table and each woman shared what she had dreamed. I had to help them along in the beginning with some encouragement because this was the first time many of them had done anything like it. We talked about dream homes, cars, clothes, and careers. We had so much fun with each other. We were laughing and high-fiving each other just having a blast. For a moment even I forgot that we were inside the ACJ!!! One lady really tickled me. She just wouldn't/couldn't get with the dreaming big thing. I kept encouraging and pushing and pulling trying to get her to just go with it but she always came back with something negative to complain about. So finally I decided that ultimately she would run for public office one day and she could change the system that she so despised. With that idea she finally broke and ran with it. We were imagining the platform she would run on and her entire campaign. All the ladies were in on it. We even convinced her that she would live in a nice house and drive a nice car. All the while we were having a blast! When it came time to close I gave them the assignment of going to bed each night dreaming about this life. I told them that God has big things planned for them and that no man can stop what God created them to be. I told them not to be afraid to dream big, to push themselves to dream big. And NEVER put the limits of man on God. He is bigger than anything we could ever come up with in our minds. How awesome it is to watch the Light come on in these ladies!!

No comments: