Monday, April 9, 2007

You know I love you...don't you?!?!

At the bible study last week I had a chance to explain unconditional love to the ladies through demonstration. As we were finishing up our lesson we were sitting there laughing and fellowshiping and this incredible urge came over me to tell the ladies how much I loved them. I stopped everyone from talking and asked them to listen to me I had something important to say. Everybody was quite. Thats when I said, "you know I love you...don't you?" Every one of them nodded their heads some had already started crying. I went on to explain that I love them not because of anything they've done or will ever do. I told them that nothing could ever stop me from loving them, that I am rooting for them, I am praying for them, I have their backs. I told them that when I look at them I don't see them were they are I see potential and promise. I don't see what they did to get where they are I see what they could be. I see beauty in what God created them to be. By this time we were all crying, me included. Then I dropped the bomb on them. I said through my tears that the love I have for them is NOTHING compared to the love that God has for them! I spent the last few minutes we had together lifting them up in prayer and encouraging them. It was an awesome move of the Spirit that took place on the Q Block that night. I hugged each one of them and left for the evening, but I believe that none of them will ever forget the meaning of Unconditional Love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still marveled by God's unconditional love and that I can walk in that same love. When we miss the mark, it's so reassuring to know that God loves us unconditionally. Some has never experienced that type of love or even know that it existed. I believe what you shared with those ladies will help change their lives forever. Everyone is looking for love and to know that you don't have to earn it is definitely Good News! Keep up the good work. You're doing a great thing. Mary

Anonymous said...

Your have become a true minister in the fashion of the friend mentioned in this anonymous quote. Keep the good work.

"A friend is one to whom you can pour out the contents of your heart, chaff and grain alike. Knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

It appears you have allowed God to use the gifts he has given you to truely bless others and strengthen his kingdom. You should find solice in the love God has for you and know that he will bless you for your continued service in his wonderful work.

Stay up Tomi Girl

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom im so happy your down there doing what you do GOD chose the right person to do it, check this out, you know in the WORD one day the church was praying for peter to be set free, and while they wher doing this he knocked at the door,I know that the same is going to happen for you homegirl, GOD is going to let you see these women free and walking in VICTORY! peace and hairgrease CHRIS

Anonymous said...

As I read your blog concerning your love for the inmates you minister to, I was taken back to my first year at Rhema Bible Training Ctr.

One of the instructors begain to expound on John 17:23. It says the same love that God has for His Son Jesus, He has for us. Up until that time no one had told me that.

Needless to say I wept like a baby
in class that day. Keep up the good work