Sunday, May 6, 2007

Catching Up

I apologize for the long break since my last post; I will do my best not to let it happen again! But just because I haven't posted anything new doesn't mean that nothing exciting has been happening. Here are some of the high points from the last few weeks...

On Tuesday, April 24 I had the privilege of overseeing Chapel service. There were two services and I am please to say that every woman in both of the services either received salvation or rededicated their lives to the Lord! We had a fantastic time of worship and fellowship! I just love those ladies and it is so much fun to watch the Word come alive to them and in them...

Our Jail Ministry Support Winning Group had our first 2 visitors that were members of my Bible Study in the jail. It was awesome to see them outside the jail. One of the ladies has visited Summit multiple times since her release and she loves it. The other hasn't made it to Summit yet but I believe that she will very soon.

I was made aware of an email that was sent to the Jail Chaplaincy by the sister of an inmate. It turns out that the family had been praying for years for the sister who was incarcerated. She had been leading a life full of mess and destruction and they wanted nothing more than for her to receive salvation and turn her life around. I knew none of this until long after the fact, but the girl ended up being a member of my bible study and received salvation in one of our classes. She finished the Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels of the Winning Track while she was there. She has since gone on to prison but she continues in developing her relationship with God. Her family just wanted to let the Chaplaincy know that what happen to her during her time at the Allen County Jail was an answer to their prayers. I do not know this family nor have I ever met any of them but to hear from the Jail Chaplain that the family of a former inmate took the time to send an email thanking God for me for the work I had done in their sister was a blessing beyond words. It's just another confirmation that I am in the right place doing the right thing - whether I am aware of how it is all working out or not!

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement! Awesome things are happening at the ACJ and I believe that this is just the beginning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tomi! My name is Melanie Moore, I talked to you at church this morning. I know I already told you this, this morning, but I just wanted to tell you again what an awesome ministry you have! It is so exciting and such a blessing to see how God is working through you! You are such a dedicated woman and I have great respect for you. I praise God for sending you to these women! Please keep us continually posted, it is such an encouragement to see the power of God working in their lives! Thank you so much for everything you are doing!
With all my love, Melanie

Tomi Cardin said...

Thank you Melanie! It helps to have wonderful people like you in my corner rooting me on.

Anonymous said...

Tomi,
There are alot of people in your corner encouraging and praying for you. You may not see it in print but believe me, people are looking and praying. Keep doing what you are doing, lives are being changed because of your faithfulness. Stay encouraged and remember that you are loved.

Tomi Cardin said...

Thanks Ms. Deborah! You always have such wonderful things to say at just the right time.