Tuesday, May 8, 2007

God is AWESOME!!!

A few hours ago I was questioning myself as a leader and mentor and second-guessing myself and my abilities to help people in the things of God. As I was sitting there crying my phone rang and it was one of the very 1st ladies I had the privilege of ministering to at the jail. She wanted to let me know that she just finished her finals was about to get her degree from college. She wanted me to know how much she loved and appreciated me and everything I did for her while she was in jail. She said that she looked forward to becoming a part of my winning group and helping other women like she was helped. Then about an hour later my phone rang again and it was one of my ladies who back-slid a few months ago. She wanted to let me know that she got herself checked into a rehab house and that she was alright. She thanked me for my continued prayers while she was out on the street. She said that even though she knew she was doing wrong she could feel my prayers for her pulling her through. Then right now as I am typing this my phone just rang again. It was another one of my ladies that just got back from prison. She wanted to let me know that she was home and that as soon as she finished with the intake procedures at the half-way house she is staying at she wants to go back to church with me and come to my winning group. She wanted me to know that she loves me and missed me and prayed for me everyday while she was gone. In a matter of a few hours I've gone from crying tears of disappointment to uncontrollable tears of joy! GOD IS AWESOME!!! What else can I say...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you shall see fruit....:)

Deborah

Anonymous said...

Praise God, Tomi!!!

This is the second time today that tears have been brought to my eyes when I have heard what God is doing through the people at Summit. Pastor Al is an awesome leader and teacher, and it shows by the fruit that the people under his leadership and teaching are bearing! I feel so blessed and overwhelmed with love and appreciation that God has chosed to put me and my family in this ministry. You guys are all such an inspiration!

I can't thank all of you enough!

Melanie