Friday, May 11, 2007

What an honor...

This week has been packed full of blessings. I have to say that it has been one of the most rewarding weeks of my life so far. The outpouring of support and encouragment regarding my being selected as the ACJ Volunteer Chaplain of the Year has been tremendous. This experience reminds me of two of my favorite scriptures that I often meditate on for encouragement.

Psalm 92:4 (New Living Translation)
4 You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy because of what you have done.

Psalm 94:19 (New Living Translation)
19 When doubts filled my mind,
your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

This week they pretty much explain my entire life! I truly give all the glory to God for allowing me the opportunity to minister to the women at the jail. I thank Him daily for calling me to this ministry. Sometimes I am still dumb-founded that He chose me, but He did and I will not let Him down. Thank you to everyone who has reached out with support and kind words, I appreciate all of it more than I can express with words. I want you to know that I will continue to walk this mission out and I look forward to seeing where it takes me. I will keep you updated of the progress along the way.

I love you, Tomi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is soooooo Faithful.

Love ya, Sharon Turner