Friday, June 22, 2007

A Praise Report

I got a wonderful yet bitter-sweet answer to my prayers this week. Remember last month when I was honored as Volunteer Chaplain of the year and how earlier that day I was kind of depressed because one of my ladies had gone back to the streets. Well as you know I had a rather rough time when that happened but I purposed to pray over her continually and I knew I would see her again one day. I did! She is back at the jail and in the same block that I teach Bible Study and I saw her Wednesday! She was so ashamed and embarrased by her actions and she was nervous but excited to see me again. When I saw her I gave her the biggest hug ever and I told her how much I loved her and missed her. She went on to share some of her struggles with me and we prayed together that she would have the strength to get her life back on track. She told me that she would walk past my house on a weekly basis and yet couldn't bring herself to stop. I am so thankful that God protected her in her struggles and I truly believe that she can make the changes she needs to make to better her life. God will never give up on her and neither will I!!!! Praise God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its funny, tomi even when we are running or think we are running from GOD,we end up running right back to Him or one of His faithful kids.I see it like this, whenever you go to the store to get things to prepare you try very hard not to forget anything,but you do.sometime you do not want to,but you go back to get what you forgot you thought it was IN the bag but when you got home and pulled stuff OUT you missed a bag, but the good thing is on your return,the person was there waiting on you with a smile to give you what you forgot,keep being a touch and lighting other wicks peace chris