Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Somebody is always watching

Over the last few monthes I have noticed that I keep getting told the same or a similar version of same story. Sometimes by members of Summit sometimes by people that work at the Jail and sometimes by strangers. The story, in a nutshell, goes like this...people keep running into people that have either been in my classes at the jail or know someone who has been. And the overwhelming majority speak nothing but praises about the work that is being done there. I am often told of people that I didn't even actually spend any quality time with and probably couldn't pick out of a crowd sharing about the positive impact I had on their lives. They could tell you something very specific that I taught or a story that I told or even an outfit that I wore. The point is this...somebody is always watching! It may not be who we think it is but SOMEBODY is paying attention to what we say or how we act or the way we carry ourselves. People can tell a difference between a person who genuinely loves God and a phony. They can tell who really cares for them and who is faking. They know 'real' not church. I may not always hear from my ladies when they leave the jail but when someone I know crosses their path and somehow my name or Summit comes up they can't stop talking about it. When a person is touched by God through us they will never forget it and often times they can't stop themselves from talking about it given the opportunity. So this is an encouragment to all of us to never forget that...somebody is always watching!

No comments: