Wednesday, August 1, 2007

An Amazing Evening

I had the priviledge of leading Chapel (or Church) Service last night at the jail. Each time I get to do this I always bring my D. Montrell CD and play it for the ladies. One of our favorite songs is "God Can't Fail." For the last month I have been telling the ladies that I had a big suprise for them the next time I do Chaoel Service and they were so excited they were acting like it was Christmas! My big suprise was that I brought in Canaan White to sing "God Can't Fail" and a few other songs for them. Every one of the ladies was so blessed by his singing it was awesome to witness. I just stood back and watched the Spirit move in that place. Then after praise and worship we got into a Dreaming Session where I had the ladies reach deep down inside themselves and pull out those dreams that they had let fade out or even die. We shared our desires and our dreams with eachother. I was so blessed by how the ladies encouraged eachother and lifted eachother up. Then Canaan shared how he likes to draw and the ladies asked him if he could draw something for them so I gave him a piece of paper and a pen and he started drawing. We finished up our Dream Session with me sharing about how God has made so many of my dreams come true. Then I extended the invitation for salvation and every woman in the place made the confession. It was awesome! Then the ladies wanted Canaan to sing one last song before we closed, which he did and it was one of the most annointed songs I have ever heard!!!! I swear there wasn't a dry eye in the house! He also finished the picture for the ladies. They were amazed that he had drawn such a detailed and beautiful picture in such a short time. It is a picture of Wonder Woman and SuperMan. I am making copies of it for all the ladies to keep. Overall it was an amazing evening! I just love being a part of the ladies lives down there! I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments: