Friday, September 28, 2007

Favor Overdrive!

The ladies in my Winning Group are experiencing what I like to call Favor Overdrive! Their prayers are being answered right and left! I already shared about how the one lady got that incredible job last week. Well that same lady had some fines to pay that totaled about $500. She had been working really hard to earn the money but despite all her efforts she was $60 short the night before it was due. She called me that evening nearly hysterical. I did my best to calm her down and remind her of what the Word said and how God had been working in her life and that He loves her too much to let her fail now. By the time we got off the phone she was much better and we agreed that we would cast this care on God. She went to a NA meeting that night and 2 other recovering addicts blessed her with $20 each and when she got home there was a blank envelope on her pillow with another $20 in it! She called me hysterical again but only this time it was a different kind of hysteria!!! We celebrated and praised God together on the phone. After we hung up I just started crying...it is amazing to watch God work in others' lives. Then just yesterday another one of my lady's got her answer as well. Her sister had decided that she no longer wanted her to stay at her house and gave her a week to get out. She had nowhere else to go. Now normally she would have used something like this to relapse and start using again. But this time she made a decision to try Gods way and believe Him for her answer. It was not easy for her or me. She would call me everyday about to breakdown. She would say "Ms. Tomi its Monday, Ms. Tomi its Tuesday, Ms. Tomi its Wednesday" and each time I would encourage her to STAND. Well she called me yesterday to let me know that she held the keys to her new place in her hands. She had never felt anything like the high she was on at the moment. She told me no drug ever made her feel like that! We are moving her in to her new place tomorrow! As I share these testimonies with the other lady's they start to believe that it really can happen for them. They want to be the one calling me and telling me how God came through. It's almost like they are trying to out do each other, but not in a bad or negative way. It's more of a look at God working in my life type thing. I like to call it "Favor Overdrive"!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful thing to see how God is using you to touch these women. As you touch them, they are reaching out touching others. It's like that Winning Group commercial that we saw. It started with a single match & flame (you) which lit other single matches, which has started a fire. That's a testimony to us all. We can't quit, even when we get weary. If we hold fast, we will bear much fruit.

I'm inspired! mm