Saturday, September 22, 2007

Off to a Great Start

We started the new Winning Group semester on Tuesday and I just wanted to share that our Rebuilding Women group is off to a great start! I had 6 different women who were in my classes at the jail call and want to come to group, 5 of which needed rides. After many calls I finally secured rides for all 5. Three of the ladies had their schedules change at the last minute but we ended up having 3 first-time guests! It was a great meeting! We all had an awesome time with the lesson on The Favor of God! All 3 of our guests were believing for new jobs. We prayed and I encouraged all of them that when they go in for their interviews that they imagine themselves getting the job and to confess and believe that they had the favor of God on them. I'm happy to say that 2 of the ladies were hired on the spot and the third one is going back for a second interview next week!!! One of the ladies hired on the spot was going in for and interview for a factory position...but God is so good, listen to this - during her interview the lady conducting the interview was looking over her resume and noticed that she had some cleaning experience (little did she know that my lady's passion is cleaning and she hopes to one day own her own cleaning business). It turns out that the company's cleaning person quit 2 days before this interview and that they had a big need for someone new. They asked my lady if she would be interested in that position instead of in the factory. Her answer was of course YES!!! She was hired on the spot and her pay is TWICE what she would have been paid on the other job!!! She called me and she was sooooo excited, she couldn't wait to tell me how God moved in her interview. I look forward to sharing many many more testimonies just like this in the future as we come together and watch God rebuild these women's lives!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomi: That blesses me. That is absolutely awesome!

Tomi Cardin said...

I agree, Pastor! Thanks for your continued support and encouragement. We are bearing much fruit!