Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Testimony - Cindy McMillen

Miss Tomi:

I just want you to know how proud I am of you and I'm so happy I was with you tonight at the Chaplains jail banquet. For those of you who aren't aware of what happened tonight at the ceremony, I'll fill you in. Miss Tomi was presented with a plaque tonight and chosen as Honorary Chaplain of the Year, she was chosen out of 53 other chaplains. Tomi is the youngest female that goes to the jail and teaches bible studies to the inmates.She was recognized for her gift of communication and interaction with the female prisoners and for her passion and love for ministering to the inmates. "The inmates really love and respect Tomi and are willing to receive from her". were some of the comments made. Tomi feels strongly that this is her calling in life. She commented that, "Nothing could keep her from doing what she's doing at the jail." The comment was also made by the senior chaplain who presented the award, that it wasn't easy at first to get Tomi into the jail ministry. She was denied access into the jail the first time she applied. The senior chaplain commented that she had a "colorful" past. He also said that those with a difficult past are usually the best ones to reach the inmates, they seem to connect better. The seed Pastor Al planted in her years ago is obviously bringing forth much fruit.

Keep up the good work Tomi!!

Your supporter and intercessor,

Cindy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tomi! Keep up the awesome work, and may God bless you richly!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Tomi: I am so proud of you. Congratulations on an award that is well deserved. You are bearing fruit that will last throughout eternity. It made my day when I heard the news tonight. Cindy called the house all excited. You are an awesome leader. Never listen to the devil. Always cast down his thoughts (2Cor 10:5). You are making a tremendous difference in people's lives.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tomi!
Dondra:)

Tomi Cardin said...

Thanks Pastor!! I can't put into words what it means to hear that from you. I love you and I am so happy that you are pleased with the work that is being done. I couldn't do any of it if it weren't for you and your love and your teaching. Thanks again to you and Ms. Carla for making me who I am today. You're simple the best!

Anonymous said...

Tomi Girl,

Or should I say Ms. Volunteer. Congratulations on your award as “Honorary Chaplain of the Year”. I am so very proud of you and the work that you are doing for the Body of Christ. The next time the enemy comes at you with doubt and fear, you put the Word on him and remember all of your victories and successes. Hold up your winning plaque and get your dance on. God is good and He shows us over and over, even when we have our weak moments, doubts and fears. Now that you are recharged, continue on the winning track, the race is not over. Again I say congratulations Tomi, love you much.

Deborah Brown.

Anonymous said...

Praise God & Congratulations Tomi!
Clearly, God is using you in this awesome ministry. This is an encouragement to me!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tomi. I was so excited to hear the well-deserved, good news. I know the ladies are eternally grateful for you showing them the way out. I salute you!!!

Mary M.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tomi for being a difference maker & a women of positive influence for God's Kingdom!! Stay encouraged, you are truly a blessing! Your heart for people and leadership is contagious & greatly appreciated!

Love You :-)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Tomi,
Congratulations being honored.

Tomeka

Tomi Cardin said...

To Melanie, Dondra, Deborah, Wes, Mary, Michelle and Tomeka - Thank you for taking the time to write and congratulate me! I appreciate each and every one of you for your support and encouragement. And to all of you who have read the posting and been proud of the work being done by a member of your Summit family, thank you too! I love all of you and I give all the glory to God for everything...

Anonymous said...

Tomi:
I wanted to say congrats!!! That is phenomenal!!
Love ya
Aisha